Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Kearney Fishing Expo and Gyotaku Fish Prints

My husband and I are heading to Kearney, NE today to volunteer at the Fishing Expo. He will be helping kids to fish and I will be helping them to make fish prints. I believe we'll be making "gyotaku" which are Japanese fish prints where you actually use the fish to make the print. I was unfamiliar with this beautiful art form but thanks to good 'ol Google, I now have a better understanding and am really looking forward to helping make these. Below are some really beautiful gyotaku prints which I found online.

Sam Fenwick

Odessa Kelley 
Chesapeake Bay Fish Prints

No comments:

Drippy Daffodils

6 x 6 in. watercolor on Aquabord Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers and dozens of little clusters have been appearing in my yard s...