Saturday, January 30, 2016

Football Player - Watercolor Portrait Work in Progress

Last month a friend of mine commissioned me to paint her grandson who is a star football player and he's only a sophomore in high school! He's a nice kid and very big. :)


Made a couple of changes here. The boy on the right needed to be African American with a mohawk and I flipped the kid on the lower left.
I painted AJ's face first thinking I'd tackle the hard stuff right away but that was actually the easiest part for me. The background was painted wet in wet and I used a spray bottle to get that cool orange streak.

AJ finished painting

No comments:

Drippy Daffodils

6 x 6 in. watercolor on Aquabord Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers and dozens of little clusters have been appearing in my yard s...